iOS Exchange Setup:
Setting up Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - iOS (example phone: iPod/iPhone)
- Please make sure that you are connected to the internet. If you are currently on the St Thomas campus and have questions about connecting to the internet go to this website.
- To add an Exchange account to your iOS device, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Microsoft Exchange.
- On the next screen, enter your complete email address, domain, username, password, and a description (which may be anything you like).
- Your iOS device will now try to locate your Exchange Server. If it cannot locate the server, you will see the screen below. Enter your front-end Exchange Server's complete address in the Server field.
Note: After successfully making a connection to the Exchange Server, you may be prompted to change your device passcode to match UST policies.
- Choose which type or types of data you would like to synchronize: Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Note that by default, only three days' worth of email is synchronized. To synchronize more, go into Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your Exchange account, and tap on Mail days to sync.
Note: that after configuring an Exchange ActiveSync account, all existing contact and calendar information on the iOS device is overwritten. Additionally, iTunes no longer syncs contacts and calendars with your desktop computer. You can still sync your iOS device wirelessly with MobileMe services.
- After setup, and when first opening the mail application you may be prompted to create or modify your passcode. Click continue to proceed and finalize setup.
- Enter in a new passcode according to requirements. Then confirm to finalize setup. Requirements: The password must be at least 4 characters and will require reset every 120 days. The system will not let you reuse one of your previous 6 passwords and will allow you to fail no more than 10 times before disabling and wiping the device.
- Any difficulty? Contact the Tech Desk by email, call locally at (651) 962-6230 or toll-free at (800) 328-6819 ext 2-6230.